INTRO TO SKI TOURING
PRIVATE / GROUP
– Gain confidence and flow in fresh snow
– Prepare yourself with backcountry safety equipment & how to use it
– Practice safe & efficient route choice up and down the mountain
– Learn how to solve common problems and reduce frustration with equipment
A baseline level of being comfortable on red (advanced) slopes & ability to hike uphill for 2 hours
– Skis with touring bindings
– Splitboard / Skins
– Extendable poles
– Avalanche beacon
Ski touring is the key to discovering all the secrets of the Caucasus mountains. With the right equipment and skills, no peak, hidden valley or remote mountain pass is out of reach!
Our intro course will provide a thorough grounding in the skills needed for ski touring in a high mountain environment: use and maintenance of backcountry equipment, efficient uphill travel & transitions, avalanche beacon search, emergency preparedness, route choice, packing & dressing for a ski tour, and more.
Intro to Ski Touring / Splitboarding Course - Gudari Georgia
Our intro to ski touring/splitboarding course covers the essentials of navigating the backcountry safely. Learn to use avalanche gear, read snow & plan routes.
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: Vagabond Adventures
Course Provider URL: https://vagabondadventures.ge/